Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wow George Jones is awesome!

I went to see George Jones last night with my dad. It was awesome it brought so many great memories and some sad but I realize that I let things go for once. For dad's birthday in January Mel and I bought Dad tickets to go see his favorite Country singer. Dad and I went last night I took some pics and videos and bought dad a few souvenirs. It was wonderful to see my dad so happy he was so happy that when George came out I saw him wiping his the tears of joy away. I silently hand over some tissue and he took it with his blue eyes sparkling with happiness! That's a moment I will treasure forever. To see my dad that's been in so much pain with his knees these days and other things it was nice to see him smile and laugh. He sang along with George and this meant the world to him. I'm starting to see where I get my soft heart from.

When the sad songs hit the tears flowed down my eyes and I'd look over at dad he was doing the same thing! lol It was a great night all around to share a special moment in time with my dad has gave me a lot hope that great things do happen to people. My life has been such a ups & down emotional ride that I forgot to let my hair down so to speak. lol And I realize that the little things sure mean the most.

I did have a sad moment but it was also a great memory was when George sang " He stopped loving her today." The tears really flowed but they have been sad tears for a lose but when I looked over at dad and he smiled knowing why I was crying it seemed to make it better somehow! The look of understanding in his eyes and knowing that he didn't think I was being silly made it ok to let it go. So dad thank you for being you. This is one Concert that I will never forget.

I love you Dad!

Sending you all hugs
~Cherlee~

No comments: